Monday 25 November 2013

Best and Worst Dressed at the AMA's 2013

Last night the stars were well and truly out for the American Music Awards at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. Let's take a look at the red carpet hits and misses from last night. 


Best Dressed: 


Kendall and Kylie Jenner

O.M.G. The two Jenner sisters are definitely growing up and Kylie's (right) look was my favourite look of the night. She really reminded me of Kourtney Kardashian with her newly cut bangs and I loved her monochrome outfit- a white leather sleeveless top with velvet cigarette trousers and stiletto boots. Kendall looked elegant in her white mini dress with silver embellishments around the neck. 

Lady Gaga

Looking slightly toned down, but just as beautiful as ever, Gaga donned a lilac Versace gown that made her look every inch the Grecian goddess. The elaborate silver body jewellery juxtaposed her simple blonde flowing locks- perfect. 

Miley Cyrus

*shocked face* Is that really Miley in Versace Versus? she looks stunning in this simple trouser suit with plunging V and oversized gold safety pin detail, thumbs up. 


Katy Perry

If there is one person who can adopt a vampy, get utterly adorable look, it's KP. I love her floor- length cutesy spotted print gown with floral detail and her rouge with tight black curls make her look reminiscent of Snow White. Beautiful! 

One Direction

Puberty has truly worked it's magic on these five lads as they are looking dapper on the red carpet. Extra brownie points go to Liam (centre) for his gorgeous coat and moustache, he is definitely my new fave member of 1D. 


Naya Rivera

*fans self* oh gosh, how hot is Rivera looking in Michael Kors? little black dresses are always a winner, but with a risque cut-out like that, I'm not surprised she turned heads. Loose curls and some chunky gold bangles finish off her look perfectly. Take note ladies..

Rihanna

I'm being totally biased here because I'm pretty sure if anyone else wore this, I think it would be in my worst dressed... I love Rihanna's style and I just think that although this looks slightly on the lingerie side, it is an intriguing two piece. With the sheer diamond paneling to the bottom half of the gown, I really can't tell whether the pattern is a new tattoo, or a floral detailing on the chiffon.. either way it looks fab. 

Ke$ha

I WANT KE$HA'S HAIR. I love that she has adopted a pastel pink and blue for her hair, but kept it fairly conventional with a black dress and Angelina Jolie split, pretty flawless. 


Emma Roberts

I have an inner battle going on with this gown. I really like the metallic concept and I do think for someone with such a tiny frame, this gown does suit Emma Roberts. Her purse however, is a crime to fashion, it needs to be burnt. 

Worst Dressed: 

 

Taylor Swift

 Ewwww! this Julien Macdonald piece was one of the biggest disasters on the red carpet last night. When it comes to sheer paneling, the section should be the same complexion as the lady wearing the dress, this however is not. I abhor sequins too, and is it just me or is Taylor ridiculously thin now? 

Kelly Osbourne

Kelly I get that you like pastels, because your hair is lilac, but what is this dress? You aren't going to prom, and this gown is GREY. The star looks better in fish-tail dresses, or something more figure hugging- stop hiding those curves honey. 

Heidi Klum

Tassels, are the bane of my life. This dress looks like someone ripped the lace, and tried to sew the wrong parts all back together. It's a visual mess and what is with the small tufts of lace on the shoulder straps. VOM. 

Zendaya Coleman

Dressing in a sheet is totally fine, if it's Halloween Zendaya. Any more bangles on that arm Miss Coleman and you will look more like the Michelin man, and that's not a good look. 

Aubrey O'Day

Oh wow, well there isn't much left to the imagination here is there Aubrey. How is anyone meant to admire a dress when all you can see is cleavage?! This dress is a massive joke and the splits are way too much. There should be a rule: either show a lot on the top, or on the bottom: NEVER BOTH. Ewww

Keltie Knight

Erm, wow. Glitter meets iridescent feathers  with this gown and I just don't think it works. If the top half would have been teamed with a plain black pencil skirt, it would have been perfect. Feather should be reserved for, well, birds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment