Thursday 22 August 2013

Best and Worst Dressed at V Festival 2013

Every year during the penultimate weekend in August, music lovers and celebrities alike descend on the Virgin festival held in two locations: Chelmsford in Essex as well as Weston Park in Staffordshire. The festival saw a range of performances from the likes of Beyonce, Jessie J, Rita Ora and Kings of Leon and many stars were seen supporting their fellow singers. Let's take a look at the fashion from the event. 

 

Best Dressed: 

Rita Ora

Three words.. I. want. one. This burnt orange animal print sweater with matching trousers looks uber comfy! I love that Miss Ora has combined such a casual look with some beach curls, striking rouge and glitter platforms. Go girl.
           From cdni.condenast.co.uk

 

Paloma Faith

As in my last gliph, I really can't contain my excitement over mosaic print, and I love this unusual Grecian style patterned dress with matching scarf and earrings. I think it suits Paloma down to the ground and definitely gave a splash of colour to a cloudy weekend. 
           From cdni.condenast.co.uk

 

Cara Delevingne

Yes! I am loving the floral and spotted elements of these casual trousers model Cara Delevingne wore last weekend and you can't go wrong with a leather biker jacket. 

Pixie Lott

Although some may disagree with me, It is definitely a breath of fresh air to see elements of quirky outfits at festivals. Far from the feathers and tassels, I am loving Pixie Lott's flag hot pants and graphic tee. No outfit would be complete without her signature cat ears either! Hot to trot. 
           From cdni.condenast.co.uk

 

Jameela Jamil 

I love the fact that Jameela has taken the traditional festival look and given it a funky edge. Masses of black make way for those striking white-rimmed sunglasses and a dial phone clutch bag. She keeps it casual in a parka but incorporates the ever-popular animal print in her patterned tights. 

Ellie Goulding 

Miss Goulding always looks amazing, and I especially liked this iridescent sequin top she wore to one of the backstage parties at the weekend. Teaming it with some comfy trainers makes her look bang on trend. 


Tom Odell

Tom Odell always looks super cute in whatever he wears, but I especially loved this denim and cream bomber jacket with skinny jeans. Swooooon

 

 

Worst Dressed: 

Mutya from MKS

OH M GEE. Mutya, I know tents can be slightly dark in the morning, but did you really wake up and think this combination of clothing was acceptable? Sheepskin boots, an over sized sports tee and lace tights are a disastrous combination. Totally disappointed. 

 

Mollie King

Ew Mollie! I am not really a fan of what The Saturdays wear anyway, but this denim atrocity breaks too many fashion rules. I can't handle the amount of zips that make up the outfit, and no sleeves? WHY.  

 

Jessie J

Nappy ahoy for Jessie J during her V Festival appearance,she seems to resemble what Miley Cyrus will look like in 10 years. Bandage is definitely out and although her costume resembles monochrome, her over sized hoops are tacky. Sorry Jessie. 

 

Azealia Banks

Bizarre rapper Azealia Banks looked her usual shade of weird during her slot at V with zombie contact lenses and a lime green and white netted jumpsuit. I don't think I need to explain why she is present on my worst dressed list. Just take a gander. 

 

 

Alexandra Burke

Oh wow. Is that a cape, or a top? because Alexandra Burke's attempt to look like a superhero has back-fired: she needs saving herself. It's totally lovely that you decided to match your top with some lemon TALONS to replace your nails, but this look isn't cute. Go home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment