Tuesday 20 August 2013

Lindsay Lohan Talks to Oprah about her Cocaine and Alcohol Addiction in Candid Interview

For 27-year old child actress Lindsay Lohan, the road to recovery has been a slow and bumpy one but just four days after getting out of rehab, the star decided to take part in an interview with famous talk show host Oprah Winfrey in order to come clean about her addictions. 
        From blog.zap2it.com
Lohan was only sixteen minutes into the talk before Oprah dived in with the question
"Are you an addict?"
The Parent Trap star said yes before admitting alcohol was her drug of choice before adding "That, in the past was a gateway to other things for me." 
She then revealed she had taken cocaine "ten to fifteen times" and said although she didn't enjoy it, her reasoning for taking it was so she could drink more. She then told the host "it was a party thing.  People would have it and I would do it"
      From www.hollywoodreporter.com

After much persistence, Oprah also got the actress to confess to being addicted to Adderall, the prescription drug used to treat ADHD: "That's all I knew.. I was convinced that it did ground me". She then added "I don't need it [now]" and insisted she does not consume any prescription drugs.
Shockingly Lohan also admitted she got so desperate, she wanted to be sent to jail.
"Part of my decision was, at that point… strangely, being in my addiction and everything, and having all the chaos around me that I was so comfortable with, I somewhere inside knew, and kind of wanted, to go to jail"
         From i.dailymail.co.uk
Teary-eyed through most of the interview, she broke down when explaining the guilt she felt after seeing her family upset with her court appearances. 
Lohan admitted it was talks with her lawyer Shawn Holley that convinced her to go into rehab for the sixth time.
"The other times it tended to be a punishment,' she said. 'I don't think I've ever fully surrendered to the fact that I just need to shut up and listen. In this case, I wasn't fighting, at all. I just let go"
She also addressed her chaotic family past, and said her downward spiral began after the success of Mean Girls and her move to Los Angeles. She also admitted
"I wasted so much money. I was living at a hotel and I had an apartment. I wasn't really being guided. No-one was [there]". 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Maria! I remember when that aired! I definitely believed her through the entire interview and am still genuinely rooting for her. However, she's been acting a little spotty lately.. I mean, she's in a $15000 apartment right now which is being paid for by Oprah for their new doc. and getting into fights.. or her bro is at that. Any way you cut it- it may be a recipe for disaster..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know right :/ I do love Lindsay though!

    ReplyDelete